Positive relationships are central to the development of a supportive learning environment.
PB4L is an evidence-based framework for implementation that looks at behaviour and learning from a whole-of-school as well as an individual student perspective.
It provides schools with a process for teaching social and behavioural skills and helps them to develop a positive, proactive and systematic approach based on school data.
It takes the approach that opportunities for learning and achievement increase if:
• the school environment is positive and supportive
• expectations are consistently clear
• students are consistently taught expected behaviours
• expected behaviours are consistently acknowledged
• inappropriate behaviours are consistently responded to in a fair and equitable way.
At Waipukurau School, we plan to create a safe and supportive environment within our school community to build positive and respectful relationships that improve student progress and encourage independent and lifelong learning.
Through modelling, teaching and acknowledging positive behaviours, we provide a quality environment where the school community is focused on developing students who strive to